Ever have the feeling you have tons of photos ready to put into baby albums but you never find the time? Anthropology including family albums has always been important but it is easy nowadays in the digital age to have a lot of mess and confusion in your video and photo collections. When we saw The Album People, run by Elad and Alicia, and the personal service they offer to families to create their own and very important digital family archives we wanted to share this with you! I certainly know my family photos are in a complete mess, spread over various hard drives, physical photo albums and stuffed into boxes in the attic. And I certainly always have the intention I will make a photo book or album but life gets in the way.
The Album People preserve photos and videos by bringing them to the digital world. You don’t have to risk posting your precious photos to distant labs because they meet, plan and create the perfect archive for you and your loved ones. They convert your images and tapes to high quality digital formats such as a digital baby album, and then they add metadata, like tagging, then store them on online cloud storage servers or hardrives. They also make fun slideshows, video clips or photobook from your shiny new archives.
What you need to do:
- Assign yourself a quiet day to find all your photos out, dig around in the attic and/or harddrive and find all your precious hidden memories. An ideal Spring clean job!
- Sort through the photos and sieve the best out, be ruthless and if you can’t ask an objective friend to help.
- Organise an appointment for The Album People to come to your home.
- Wait for you beautiful box in the post.
- Share your memories and spread the love!
Watch their video to understand the process further:
It would make a great gift for a mum or dad, grandparents, or why not do it for your baby shower? Right another thing to add to my wish list!
Credits & Sources:
Digital baby albums & family archives: The Album People